Your brand new, custom luxury home is breathtaking. It’s practically picture perfect, but what happens once you start actually living in it? How do you keep it looking great despite the wear and tear of daily activities?
From daily cleaning to annual maintenance, here are some essential tips for keeping your new luxury home looking as good as the day you moved in.
1. Outsource Tasks
The best gift you can give yourself is to stop worrying about dusting, scrubbing, mowing, and washing. Outsource those tasks! Hire a cleaning service to deep clean your home every week or two. Coming home to a spotless home will be a huge weight off your shoulders and it will keep your home looking brand new. Keeping your home looking its best isn’t limited to the interior, though. Hire a lawn maintenance company as well to take care of business outdoors every couple of weeks.
2. Keep Things Minimal
The best way to keep the interior of your home looking as good as the day you moved in is to keep things minimal. That means having strict organization in tact for storage and limiting unnecessary purchases. It sounds easier than it actually is, but it’s paramount in keeping your surfaces sleek and protected.
3. Protect Things From Your Pets
Don’t let your pets destroy your furniture, carpets, or floors. If you have cats, get a clawing pole. If you have dogs, make sure they’re house-trained before ever letting them into your carpeted spaces. Invest in a vacuum with a HEPA filter to clean up dander, hair, and odors immediately. And, please, keep the pets off your furniture.
4. Don’t Slack On Annual Maintenance
Do not neglect annual maintenance! That’s a surefire way to ruin the beauty of your brand new home. It’s easy to forget about things like your windows, doors, deck, siding, etc. But, they can get extremely dirty and deteriorate after time without care.
- Wash your windows. You should always remove smudges using glass cleaner, but once a year, you should do a thorough washing of the insides and outsides of your windows. This can be outsourced or done yourself. Do the same thing with your doors.
- Clean your gutters. Clear out your drains and gutters to prevent build up. If you put this off and gutters get clogged, water can get trapped and cause damage to your gutters and possibly leak into your home.
- Hire a pressure washing company. Outsource your exterior maintenance like cleaning your siding and maintaining your deck. A pressure washing company knows the safest and most efficient way to clean your exterior surfaces.
- Hire an HVAC professional. At least once a year, have an HVAC professional ensure that everything is clean and working properly.
Your brand new custom home is a one-of-a-kind gem. It’s made perfectly for you. But in order to keep it looking great for years to come, you must do your job as a homeowner and give it the TLC it needs.