Happy Earth Day!
At Sandy Spring Builders, we pride ourselves in building energy-efficient homes with sustainable materials because we know the best homes are green homes!
The ways we use energy and water in our homes make a big impact on the environment. There are many simple ways you can do your part and shift to an eco-friendly lifestyle – and small changes go a long way when it comes to our planet! Here are 5 tips:
- Unplug appliances when not in use. Kitchen items like your coffee makers, blenders and toasters waste energy when they’re plugged in, even if they’re not turned on!
- Use cold water when doing laundry. 90% of the energy your washer uses goes toward heating the water. Try doing every other load with cold water – it can even be better for your clothes!
- Unsubscribe from junk mail. We all still end up with piles of mail that make us wonder how we ended up on certain mailing lists to begin with. Save paper and look into getting removed from these lists.
- Add plants to your home. Greenery in your home can help improve air quality and regulate temperature through the moisture they release.
- Start a garden. Looking for a fun new project while social distancing is in effect? Growing your own vegetables and herbs is a great way to save you money in the long run and reduce food waste. Start small with planters on your windowsill!